If you want to root your device in the best way possible, you need to install TWRP on your Android phone first. It can be considered as the primary step for rooting.
Do the rooting privileges attract you? Do you want to unlock the system settings and enjoy total control over the Android ecosystem? If your answer is yes, you hit the right door.
Here, we will offer you a dedicated guide to installing TWRP custom recovery on your smartphone without a hassle. We have covered everything, so worry about nothing.
As you all might know, rooting any phone can’t be a hassle-free task since you have to install different standalone apps and software to unlock those immersive features.
One of them is the TWRP custom recovery, which will play an essential role in flashing different zip files in the Android ecosystem and allows users to do several other things.
Even if you are a newbie, you will attain those impressive rooting traits without changing the system setting. But before that, let’s understand what TWRP is!
What is TWRP?
The TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) is one of the most common and well-known custom recoveries that offers customization features, unlike standard recovery.
In the tech community, this custom recovery might have become a bit older compared to the Orangefox. But one thing is sure that you will attain the best flashing features.
It is developed to provide a touch screen experience in the recovery where you will get different options from backup data to install unique and impressive files without facing issues.
Besides this, the TWRP custom recovery is an integral part of the rooting process, as you will need to flash some zip files to unlock the device’s true potential.
Even if you can’t find a corresponding recovery compatible with your phone, you could also lean towards the unofficial TWRP options in the worst case.
To install the custom recovery, you have to unlock the system bootloader, which entails few shortcomings. So, it’s necessary to understand the pros and cons.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery
The custom recovery like TWRP opens the gates for customizing the whole interface in which you can change everything from scratch and build a personalized ecosystem.
You will receive the Android beta version faster, and you can test out different things with new interface settings while also using other companies’ interfaces as well.
You can even roll back to the older android version for a stable experience, apart from flashing different custom ROMs. Besides this, overclocking software can be unlocked.
But the best thing you can achieve through the TWRP custom recovery is that you can complete the rooting process without a hassle and you can also install it for its superior user experience.
Disadvantages of TWRP Recovery
The process of installing any custom recovery requires unlocking the bootloader that can lead to warranty loss because adding custom traits is against company’s policies.
Several tempting offers arrive in the custom ROMs, but you have to make sure not to overdo this. For example, excessive use of overclocking will lead to overheating issues.
Besides this, if you have flashed incompatible software in the interface, there’s a high chance that phone settings will go into complete chaotic mode without restriction.
Furthermore, if you don’t check the authenticity of the ROM or the software, it could also increase the vulnerability from viruses and malware in the long run.
How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone
Disclaimer: TechProblems is not responsible for any damage to the device. Note that you have to take backup and follow each step from the guide to avoid risks in the end that might lead to some severe problems, including boot loop or complete brick issue.
Things before installing
There are a handful of things you will need before starting the process. We have covered all the essential items necessary for the procedure in the following section.
- Ensure that smartphone is charged to more than 90% for a better experience.
- A computer desktop or laptop setup running on Windows 7, 8, 10, 11 OS.
- Get the latest version of the platform-tools to apply fastboot commands.
- Next, you will need the latest TWRP version according to your phone.
- The original data cable of the handset to efficiently connect to the PC.
Note: The upcoming method only works when you know how to unlock bootloader on any android phone. Learn about it first, then move forward to flash a custom recovery.
Unlock the developer settings
- Open the settings application, and then enter into the About phone part.
- You must tap on the build number multiple times in the About Phone part.
- Return to the settings menu and search for the developer mode options.
- In the developer mode, enable both OEM unlocking and USB debugging.
Grab the tool and recovery
- Install platform tool and ADB drivers to run any fastboot/ADB command.
- After installing them, put them and the TWRP file in the same folder.
- Make sure that you have installed the correct files and unlocked bootloader.
- Put the device in the fastboot/download mode to run a few commands.
Note: After turning off the phone, pressing the Volume Up + Power button will open the fastboot mode. You can also search fastboot patterns according to model number.
Patch the file on the phone
- Interlink your phone and the PC using the original data cable with ease.
- To open the command prompt, you have to enter “cmd” in the search bar.
- Enter the first command, fastboot devices – to check device presence.
- Insert fastboot flash recovery – space, drag, and drop the TWRP file.
- Hit enter to complete the flashing process without any problem.
You have successfully installed TWRP custom recovery over the device. Now reboot the device to enjoy the customized settings and start flashing various things precisely.
With this tutorial, you can install TWRP on any android phone. The next step would be rooting your smartphone. Therefore, move to the next level without any hassle at all.
Yet, on the other hand, if you come across any issue during the problem, you can point it out in the following comments section while sharing your flashing journey below.